TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

slippymississippi@yahoo.com
23 May 2005 13:07:02 -0700

I have a service that renders text messaging into speech and forwards
the messages to a phone number. The user then navigates the messages
like a voice mail, using DTMF tones.

One of my customers is using the Packet8 Virtual Office, and when my
computer calls him to deliver the messages, he cannot navigate via
DTMF. I hooked up a line analyzer and listened to the call, and all
I'm hearing on my end is a "blip blip blip" as he repeatedly presses
the key to save the message. The DTMF tone basically sounds like it
was clipped at just a few milliseconds ... in fact, I really cannot
discern if it's still a dual frequency tone or not.

If he calls in from the Virtual Office, he can navigate our IVR just
fine, it's just when our IVR calls him and asks for input that he
experiences these problems. Is this related to the extreme
compression that Packet8 uses? If so, why would it affect his inbound
calls but not his outbound calls?

TIA.

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Wireless-services growth slows in Europe, Japan"
Go to Previous message: GooJa@post.com: "Corporate Identify -- Verizon vs. "Bell Telephone""
May be reply: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: Ken Abrams: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: PrinceGunter: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: David Clayton: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: PrinceGunter: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: PrinceGunter: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
TELECOM Digest: Home Page