TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage Tech Support Dead?

Vonage Tech Support Dead?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:56:41 -0700

Just wondering if anybody has contacted Vonage within the last month or
so and gotten a response?

I sent two emails (about different issues) on October 25th. I received
ticket numbers, but no response since then, and the issues do not
appear to be resolved. I sent another ticket (on a third issue) on
November 7th, without any response (including an autoresponder)

I have attempted to followup by phone, but both the technical support
and the billing departments are experiencing higher then expected call
volumes, and I should try again later or contact them via the web.

I have attempted to contact sales, waited on hold 20-30 minutes, then
the call was dropped.

Did somebody forget to feed and water the support folks?

FWIW, the issues are:

1) Outbound caller-ID is wrong a significant percentage of the time.

2) Unanswered inbound calls tend to ring forever (long after the
caller went to voicemail or gave up) -- In one case it was ringing for
several days straight while we were out of town. The phones were
forwarded to voicemail after "instant".

3) Since the DST switch, one of my ATAs has the wrong time. This has
happened before on that ATA and was fixed within an hour of opening a
ticket last time.

Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Go to Next message: jobs@peopleassociates.com: "Employment Opportunity: C/C++/UNIX/Scripting & JAVA/Oracle/Unix"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Use Comcast Cable Modem? Go to Jail! Judy Sammel's Experience"
May be reply: Sara Garland: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page