TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number

Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:04:17 -0400

A few minutes ago, I got a call (on my SC line) from someone asking to
speak to Nancy. She confirmed that she had dialed my number. I told
her that there has never been a Nancy here.

A few minutes later, I got a call from someone named Nancy who said
that she had just gotten Vonage service and Vonage had assigned her
this number.

Since I originally had that number from Vonage, I explained to her
that I had ported the number from Vonage to Carolina Net quite some
time ago. She said she'd have to call Vonage and request a new
number.

I called Vonage and spoke to Tina. After I explained that that number
was no longer available for Vonage to re-assign, she called the
appropriate people. They are going to assign Nancy a new telephone
number.

Tina opened a ticket for me on this. I told Tina to make sure they
didn 't do anything to cause my SC number any problems. She said they
wouldn't interfere with my number.

I called Carolina Net to let them know what is happening. I got music
on hold for a good little bit before they came on the line.

I called Carolina Net and informed them of this phenomenon. Caroline
(Carolina Net) said that she is opening a ticket on this and will
inform the porting department to make sure that I don't lose my
number.

Can anything else this simple to handle go wrong?

Fred

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Cisco Steadily Building Advanced Technology Portfolio"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "France Telecom's Orange to launch Windows Live"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
May be reply: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page