TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number

Re: Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number

DevilsPGD (spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:24:06 -0500

In message <telecom25.369.7@telecom-digest.org> Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

>> Vonage doesn't officially support porting numbers out. It's against
>> the AUP too, actually.

> This is a concept I don't understand. How can their (and
> Voicepulse's) AUP to prevent their customers from porting numbers out?
> I believe the FCC mandate is to require number portability. If they
> can escape this responsibility by simply adding a clause to their
> policy, then what is the point?

And AUP can say whatever it wants, that doesn't make it legal or
enforceable.

A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Go to Next message: Jonathan Keehner: "Hackers Disrupt On-Line Brokers"
Go to Previous message: Henry Cabot Henhouse III: "Re: Our Population Hits 300 Million on Tuesday"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Vonage Trying to Reuse My SC Number"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page