TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?

Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?

Frank Stearns (franks.pacifier.com@pacifier.net)
Wed, 10 May 2006 03:42:45 -0000

Is there an online source that supports cross-searching regular and
reverse directories based on partial information?

I received an important job-offer vmail that was incomplete -- the
caller left a first name and phone number, but the phone number
consists of only the area code and prefix. The last four digits are
missing.

It was too late for *69 (other calls had come in -- unless there's
some secret way to go back further than the last incoming call), and I
don't have caller ID.

If one had proper database access, it would be trivial to search for
that first name -AND- for all numbers starting with the known A/C and
prefix. (This is a potential of 9999 names, but based on the first
name I'd expect a return of 50 to 100 hits -- certainly a manageable
list to review. With telco help I have already determined that the
prefix does not include cells or PBXs.)

However, all the online sources I've found so far want a complete #
for the reverse, and a full last name for the regular directory to
work.

Any suggestions where else I could go do such a search? I'm even
willing to script something to step through 9999 numbers in a reverse
directory site, if such a site were ascii-based and would allow such
activity.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Frank Stearns

Go to Next message: cellular-news: "Cellular-News: Wednesday 10th May 2006"
Go to Previous message: mike7411@gmail.com: "Audio Capture of Modem's Signals"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?"
May be reply: Frank Stearns: "Re: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?"
May be reply: 8ackgr0und N015e: "Last Laugh! Re: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page