TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

anon1@sci.sci
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:01:34 -0700

I'm looking for a device that connects between my telephone line
and the serial (RS232) port on my computer, capturing caller-ID on
incoming phone calls and using that information to determine whether
to ring my phone immediately or put up various touch-tone menus
the caller must traverse.

What is the correct jargon for such a device? (So that I might do a
Google search and find the info I seek.)

What is the best newsgroup for asking about such a device?

Does anybody here happen to already know of any Web sites that list and
describe such devices?

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: United States Says No! Internet is Ours!"
Go to Previous message: Reuters News Wire: "An Obscene Web Site?"
May be reply: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: anon1@sci.sci: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: -mhd: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: anon1@sci.sci: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: anon1@sci.sci: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page