TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:09:09 GMT

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:30:37 -0700, anon1@sci.sci wrote:

>> http://www.parliant.com/phonevalet/callprofiles.html
>> $200 and it runs on your Mac.

> | PhoneValet for Mac OS X

> My Mac doesn't have OS X, so that product probably wouldn't work here.
> Also, I see no mention of touch-tone (DTMF) menus, a.k.a. DTMF-IVR
> (Integrated/Interactive Voice Response), in the description, so even
> if this device did work with Mac OS 7.x.x, it wouldn't be of any use
> to me for distinguishing between a friendly acquaintance needing to
> make a no-caller-ID call and a harasser suppressing caller-ID to
> harass me even more than usual.

> Also, since my Mac doesn't have enough RAM or disk space to install
> any large software, I really need a standalone box that doesn't
> require major software installed on my Mac. So searching specifically
> for a device related to my Mac seems not a good idea. Google search
> for "DTMF IVR standalone box" doesn't seem to turn up what I'm looking
> for, only very much more complicated stuff that would have to cost ten
> times what I'm looking for, including stuff that requires access to
> the net including java .NET services.

So in the grand scheme of things, you should have said that you had no
budget, had a Mac, and wanted someone to find you a solution for
nothing.

Good luck in the future ...

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Last Laugh! "Acadamy" Services Calls; Alternative Solutions"
Go to Previous message: Justa Lurker: "Re: What is Area Code 113?"
May be in reply to: anon1@sci.sci: "Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page