TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

-mhd (not_real@invalid.com)
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:50:22 -0400

anon1@sci.sci wrote:

> I already have a modem, a SupraExpress 56. When the phone rings, the
> modem sends just the word RING on a line by itself, with a blank line
> between consecutive RINGs. I don't know of any way to make it detect
> caller-ID and report that.

Have you initialized it with "at+vcid=1"?

-mhd

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "EchoStar Introduces Portable Media Player"
Go to Previous message: Katharine Webster: "Search For Missing in New England Flood"
May be in reply to: anon1@sci.sci: "Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"