TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:54:29 UTC

In <telecom24.260.17@telecom-digest.org> johnspilker@msn.com writes:

> They are charging us a monthly fee that amounts to $8 a month with
> taxes. I did send a registered letter to AT&T legal department and got
> a simple form letter that told me to contact Qwest.

[ snip of the usuals problems ]

Once again, in most states sending off a letter to the public
service//utilities commission (and it never hurts to add the AG) gets
results for straightforward and (relatively low cost) matters like
this.

I personally did, in fact, do this with AT&T service here in
NYC. About a week after I dropped my letter in the mail box I got back
a standard form letter from the PSC in ALbany, NY, and a couple of
days later I got a "we've fixed it" note from AT&T. Which they did.

(Other people have reported to me similar effectiveness courrtesy of
web-page writeups, but I prefer paper. This gives me my own hard copy
to refer to).

Note that this was a couple of years ago prior to the latest rounds of
corporate shuffles, but the process should probably still work. Again,
that's _most_ states. Some are pretty useless.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"
May be in reply to: johnspilker@msn.com: "Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"