TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

johnspilker@msn.com
7 Jun 2005 18:46:25 -0700

Anyone know how I can get AT&T to cancel long distance service to my
home number? We moved our home number to Vonage from Qwest with AT&T
long distance service.

Qwest cancelled the service promptly and even gave us a refund. AT&T
refuses to cancel the long distance service. They maintain the
cancellation must be done through Qwest. Qwest says the notification
has been sent to AT&T. A Qwest representative said she had heard of
several instances where AT&T will not cancel long distance service of
numbers moved over to VOIP.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Is this a situation where AT&T is
charging you some monthly fee for 'handling' your account? If not,
and you are just billed for calls you actually make then it does
not matter. Just ignore it; let them call you a 'customer' if they
wish, since there are no calls being made via AT&T, the account
will always have a zero balance. Now if AT&T is charging some sort
of monthly fee, then a letter sent registered to the company should
help. For example, one side of SBC _still_ persists in referring to
me as a 'customer' while another part of the company is trying to
win me back (with all sorts of outrageous deals these days, free
service, etc). PAT]

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Why There Are Questions About GoDaddy"
Go to Previous message: T. Sean Weintz: "Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
May be reply: johnspilker@msn.com: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
May be reply: Danny Burstein: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
May be reply: Rick M: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page