TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:18:34 -0700

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:21:15 -0400, Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com>
wrote:

> Starting today, Verizon voice-messaging customers in New York City and
> New England can add a feature that sends a text message to any Verizon
> Wireless short text messaging-capable phone with an alert that a new
> voice message has been left on the customer's landline phone.

> - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=49739949

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What is supposed to make that so
> exceptional? Cingular Wireless has always had an icon on the display
> screen indicating voice message waiting, and I have always had my
> phone set to make three chirps when that icon is turned on. PAT]

I had a private voicemail service that did this. Unfortunately they
went bust.

As to Pat's comment, perhaps you didn't notice that this was to notify
you on your cellphone when you have a message on your *landline*
phone. Most all cellphones get an indication of a message left in
your cellphone voicemail box either o_o or some other icon or if not
an icon some send an actual text message to your handset saying "you
have a voicemail dial 123 to retrieve" and also will have an audible
sound to alert you that you have waiting messages.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: 'Phone Tapping' Modem Traffic ?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"