TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Prison Cell Phone Scandal

Re: Prison Cell Phone Scandal

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:57:22 GMT

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:59:29 -0400, T. Sean Weintz <strap@hanh-ct.org>
wrote:

> Except I wonder how many prisons have their corrections officers using
> cell phones to communicate with one another?

> Don't want to jam *them*, of course.

The truth of the matter is that cell phones are considered very
unreliable for law enforcement/emergency rescue type operations,
especially when bad weather sets in (because everyone starts calling
and tying up systems). If they are using them, they shouldn't be.

They should still be using public safety radio services/systems.

Fred

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Prison Cell Phone Scandal"