TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager

Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager

Justin Time (a_user2000@yahoo.com)
7 Apr 2005 05:20:45 -0700

Sheesh Pat!

Because of your extreme dislike of SBC you seem to have fallen for
this advertisement written as a sob story about harrassing phone calls
that "no one would do anything about." The story has all the earmarks
of an urban ledgend -- no verifiable facts and no way to ascertain
even if the story is true.

Rodgers Platt

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: All I can do is speak to my own
experience. I was harassed for a couple months by AT&T (of all
people!) who three or four times per day would call me on my
ring-ring (distinctive ringing) line, looking for someone I had
never heard of, and because of SBC's alleged inability to do anything
to help me eventually _I_ had to invest in a long distance call at
my own expense to call them back and trace through it with them. And
SBC (to name just one of the Bell companies) absolutely refuses to
do _anything_ about harassing phone calls except charge their
_customer_ fifteen dollars for each use of *57. Bell used to have
an 'Annoyance Call Bureau' to deal with those things; now apparently
that has to be a profit center for them like everything else. PAT]