TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Prison Cell Phone Scandal

Re: Prison Cell Phone Scandal

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 19:04:24 -0400

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:59:29 -0400, T. Sean Weintz <strap@hanh-ct.org>
> wrote:

>> Except I wonder how many prisons have their corrections officers using
>> cell phones to communicate with one another?

>> Don't want to jam *them*, of course.

> The truth of the matter is that cell phones are considered very
> unreliable for law enforcement/emergency rescue type operations,
> especially when bad weather sets in (because everyone starts calling
> and tying up systems). If they are using them, they shouldn't be.

> They should still be using public safety radio services/systems.

> Fred

Hmm ... a few years ago I know many of the local police departments
back here used them. Dunno if that is still true.

Go to Next message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
Go to Previous message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Sperm - Not so Mobile"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Prison Cell Phone Scandal"