TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

A User (serge-newnew2715@mailblocks.com)
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:54:33 +1000

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:12:14 -0500, Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
wrote:

> The article and discussion here both miss what I consider a more
> important issue with the EZ-pass system:

> There is no way to know who else is tracking the EZ-pass transponders.

> The transponder should have a audio and/or visual indicator whenever
> it is read. How else can you know that Big Brother is only reading
> the transponder for its intended use and instead isn't reading it in
> other locations for other purposes.

> There should also be an off switch on the unit although I can see that
> causing more problems with people forgetting to turn it back on before
> traveling through EZ-pass lanes.

> I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never
> lost! -- Daniel Boone

Big brother doesn't need your transponder, they just use off the shelf
OCR licence plate readers ...

Go to Next message: Chris Farrar: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"
May be in reply to: Wesrock@aol.com: "Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"