TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: T1/ISDN Intergration With VoiP?

Re: T1/ISDN Intergration With VoiP?

Hank Karl (notgiven@nothere.com)
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:25:47 -0500

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:05:11 GMT, Dave <feywrayspamno@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> If I have VoiP and use a converter to what normally would be a POTS
> line, what if, instead, the converter went to a T1 or ISDN set up?
> Could I have 23 or 24 incoming VoiP calls, each going to a different
> DID number? Could I have an outgoing call center with 23 or 24 agents
> each talking over VoiP at the same time to 23 or 24 different people?

I assume you mean "23 agents each talking to one other person", not
"23 agents each talking to 23 other people".

The answer is yes, assuming you have sufficient bandwidth on the IP
connection. I have heard that some high compression codecs (like
G.723.1) may cause stress if you're using it all day long, and also
may noticeably degrade the way your voice sounds.

Go to Next message: Hank Karl: "Re: Beware Sprint Phone Rebates"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
May be in reply to: Dave: "T1/ISDN Intergration With VoiP?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page