TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re:Caller ID Showing Which Card ...

Re:Caller ID Showing Which Card ...

Chris Farrar (cfarrar1307@rogers.com)
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:05:04 -0500

> From: Ken Abrams <harvest_this@scum.suckers>
> Subject: Re: Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???
> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:08:25 -0600

> Chris Farrar <cfarrar1307@rogers.com> wrote

>> Clearly Bell is now putting the "billing number" for the calling
>> card through as Caller ID.

>> Are any other phone companies doing this?

> I doubt it is a "billing number" and probably isn't directly related
> to the originator of the call at all. I've used prepaid cards from
> AT&T for about 5 years now. The CID that shows for calls I make comes
> from various places around the country: Denver, Dallas, San Francisco,
> etc. I assume that the 800 number I call to start the process
> actually routes to whatever AT&T center is the least busy at the
> moment and the CID number comes from there.

These aren't calls using a prepaid card, but the LEC issued post paid
calling card (shows on your local home phone bill). The calls are
originating in South Carolina but are arriving with Caller ID of the
Calling Card, which has a Toronto Ontario (416) phone number.
Perviously these arrived as "Private Number" or occasionally "Out Of
Area/Unknown". Now the phone number to which the call is billed is
arriving as Called ID!

Chris

Chris Farrar cfarrar1307@rogers.com

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???"
Go to Previous message: ellis@no.spam: "Re: Caller ID Showing Which Calling Card Used???"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page