TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dish Network unsolicited calls

Re: Dish Network unsolicited calls

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
18 Sep 2006 11:10:35 -0400

Jim Haynes <jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu> wrote:

> The phone rang this morning and I heard a recording offering me some
> kind of free VCR or something. So I punched the button they said to
> and was connected to someone answering "installations" for Dish Network.
> Once I knew who it was I hung up and filled out the complaint web page
> with FTC, since I am on the do-not-call list.

>Just wondering if anybody else is getting these calls.

No calls, just lots of spam e-mail. The thing is, the Dish Network
sells through local affiliates, and they don't seem to exert much
control over how those affiliates behave. So what you almost
certainly received was an illicit call from a local business selling
Dish Network services. If you call the Dish Network guys, even if you
have the name of the local affiliate, they will act as if it's not
their problem. So when it happens again, get the name of the local
company making the offer and go after them.

I constantly get barraged with spam mail from various Dish affiliates,
and the corporate guys don't care at all that their name is being
dragged through the mud.

scott

Go to Next message: Paul W. Schleck: "Re: Widow Leases Phones for 42 Years"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: AT&T's Advertised DSL Speed vs Reality?"
May be in reply to: Jim Haynes: "Dish Network unsolicited calls"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page