TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Parlino?

Re: Parlino?

harold@hallikainen.com
18 Jul 2006 06:05:17 -0700

Jim Haynes wrote:

> Just got my credit card statement and there are three charges and one
> credit from Parlino Bertrange LU. Looking that up on the web says it
> is a VOIP phone company. I've never knowingly done business with them
> -- does anybody else have any stories about them?

I had this happen a few years ago. Some voicemail company showed up on
my phone bill. It was quite a hassle to get it off the bill. I think
there's now some way to tell your POTS provider to not accept charges
from any other company. There was a recent article in the SF Chronicle
about a similar situation. See
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/09/BUG6GJRLBG1.DTL&sn=006&sc=605

Harold

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: On my cellular phone bill we discovered
that a company known as 'M-Qube' was charging me $9.95 _per month_ for
a 'subscription' of some kind; it had gone unnoticed for several
months until I got a chance to look at the bill personally, at which
point I called Cingular Wireless and they took it off the bill; they
never could explain what it was supposed to be, but they did credit
it back. PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Principals Claim Right to Search Cell Phones"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell 607 Dial PBX Cord Switchboard"
May be in reply to: Jim Haynes: "Parlino?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page