TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Hueghes Satellite Internet

Re: Hueghes Satellite Internet

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Thu, 08 Jun 2006 01:16:09 -0400

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> I am looking at moving into a house that is outside the local cable
> area and where Verizon says they cannot provide DSL.

> I spoke to Hueghes Satellite Internet. They are a little higher than
> I am paying for cablemodem at my present location, but I could do it
> if I wanted to. I will need to go back and see that I have an
> unobstructed view of the Southern sky. Guess I'll have to get a
> compass and stop back by there.

> Does anyone one here have experience with using Hueghes Satellite
> Residential Internet? If so, could you please email me with your
> feedback on it?

> I don't want to sign a lease at some place where I can't get high
> speed Internet. If it didn't work out, I'd be out of luck on that
> front.

> Thanks for any information you can provide.

If you Google search a bit you'll find that if you need it you'll have
to get it. If you can live without it, you'll retain your hair and its
color much longer.

From what I've read, when it works, it's, well, ok. When it doesn't. It
flat out doesn't.

Go to Next message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Fill up With TV News While Getting Gas"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Hueghes Satellite Internet"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page