TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Perfect Hangup

Re: Perfect Hangup

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
1 Jun 2006 11:42:16 -0400

In article <telecom25.206.7@telecom-digest.org>, <bob@coolgroups.com>
wrote:

> Is there any kind of phone out there that does a perfect hangup?

> Basically, I want a phone that instantaneously creates a perfect open
> circuit between TIP and RING upon hangup, probably with the press of a
> button.

Any phone will do this if you disconnect the ringer. But as long as
the ringer is active, there will be some leakage between tip and ring.

Phones with crappy piezo warblers will usually have much higher ringer
impedance than phones with conventional bells.

--scott

Go to Next message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: Why the Democratic Ethic of the World Wide Web May Be About to End"
Go to Previous message: AndyP: "Re: Vonage Problem"
May be in reply to: bob@coolgroups.com: "Perfect Hangup"