TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Perfect Hangup

Re: Perfect Hangup

Curtis R Anderson (gleepy@gleepy.net)
Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:12:57 -0400

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Phones with crappy piezo warblers will usually have much higher ringer
> impedance than phones with conventional bells.

I read this and all I could think of are those cheap phones which when
connected to a POTS line with another phone with pulse dialing. THe
cheap phone would tick once for each pulse when someone dialed a
number with a rotary dial.

Poor designs like that make me miss the well-made Ma Bell phones from
the days of yore.

-- Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen",
still "In Heaven there is no beer / That's why we drink it here ..."
http://www.gleepy.net/ ICQ: 50137888 mailto:gleepy@gleepy.net
(and others) Yahoo!: gleepythehen

Go to Next message: Joshua Putnam: "Re: The Risk of Misplaced Myspace Hysteria"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Spam King Settles With Texas, Microsoft"
May be in reply to: bob@coolgroups.com: "Perfect Hangup"