TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming

Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming

Gordon Burditt (gordon@hammy.burditt.org)
Sun, 28 May 2006 21:45:08 -0000

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My Dear God! Don't those fools _ever_
>> grow weary of sending out this crap day after day? Of all the
>> banks and other financial institutions I have seen fall victim to
>> these scams, this is the first time I have ever seen it tried on the
>> good old IRS. PAT]

> This one has been going on for a couple of years, the IRS issued a
> warning a few weeks ago about this again. Plus the IRS refunds are in
> even amount no cents, these guys are really fools, but they do get hooks
> in some new users.

IRS refunds are in even amount, no cents? I don't think I've ever had
one like that in the last 30 years or so. (The smallest one was
$1.60). Some of this may have to do with whether you round off to
even dollars in preparing your return, which usually seems to work in
favor of the IRS.

Gordon L. Burditt

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News: Monday 29th May 2006"
May be in reply to: Internal Revenue Service: "Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming"