TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming

Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Mon, 29 May 2006 08:31:18 -0400

Internal Revenue Service wrote:

> After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have
> determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of
> $63.80. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in
> order to process it.

> A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example
> submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.
> To access the form for your tax refund,
> please < a
> href="http://review.mine.nu/.../IRS/refund/caseid886432/index.html" >click here</a>

> Internal Revenue Service

> Copyright 2006,
> Internal Revenue Service U.S.A. All rights reserved.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My Dear God! Don't those fools _ever_
> grow weary of sending out this crap day after day? Of all the
> banks and other financial institutions I have seen fall victim to
> these scams, this is the first time I have ever seen it tried on the
> good old IRS. PAT]

It only gets sent if it generates income. The real question is where
is the income coming from. At the first level the scam is generating
income for the folks sending it out as users fall for the scam. At
what I think of as the second level, the spammers are selling services
to spammer wannabes who are paying to have this sent out and aren't
really getting folks to fall for it.

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Your Mother"
Go to Previous message: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming"
May be in reply to: Internal Revenue Service: "Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming"