TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

Joseph Adajian (notme@notme.edu)
Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:30:56 GMT

Dear Pat,

Sorry to hear about your illness, but glad that you're out of the hospital.
I wish you a full recovery, and hope that you continue to publish this
wonderful Digest for many years to come.

Best,

Joseph Pine

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thanks for your kind words, but I do
not think I will be doing it much longer. A few months, perhaps, and
maybe someone _responsible and trustworthy_ will take it over. I know
I have to find some permanent person for it soon; it worries me a lot
to think of incidents like last week and it just vanishes with no
warning. I am reminded of Sonia and Bill Florian, former owners of
WNIB Radio Station in Chicago. Sonia ran the station for 45 years,
started it from almost nothing in the late 1950's. But, she pointed
out in her last year as owner, "I am now 70 years old. I will not be
around forever. What will happen to my 'baby' (the station) when I am
gone? Better there should be an orderly transition now, and she sold
it for _considerably_ more than had been invested in it over the
Florian family's nearly half-century of ownership." That would really
be amazing if someone offered to buy the Digest/web URL from me. PAT]

Go to Next message: Bill: "Re: How Can I Change the Ring?"
Go to Previous message: Stephen Sprunk: "Re: A Question About 'Dial 1' in USA Calling"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"