TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks

Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks

Chris Farrar (cfarrar1307@rogers.com)
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:28:28 -0500

I'd recommend the Motorola Razor, nice large screen, fairly large
buttons, and it is a "world" phone.

Chris

Ken Abrams <k_abrams@[REMOVETHIS] sbcglobal.net> wrote about: Cell
Phone For "Mature" Folks on Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:16:57 GMT:

> Being on the leading edge of the Boomers, I find that I need to fish
> out my reading glasses to discern most printed material and my
> key-strokes are not always as precise as they used to be.

> I need to replace my GSM phone with one that will work for a vacation
> in Ireland. I would REALLY like to find one that is about twice the
> size (or more) of the present "peanut" phones to get a larger screen
> and larger (better spaced) keys. So far, I haven't found anything.

> I actually liked the size of the ones about 3 "generations" ago, that
> is slightly larger than a pack of 100s cigarettes. They were easy to
> hold on to, the keys were relatively large and had ample space between
> and I could read the display without my glasses. Is anything like
> that available in the GSM world today?

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
Go to Previous message: Jeff Sutter: "Re: History of Hayes Modem"
May be in reply to: Ken Abrams: "Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"