TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks

Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks

Ken Abrams (k_abrams@[REMOVETHIS])
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:16:57 GMT

Being on the leading edge of the Boomers, I find that I need to fish
out my reading glasses to discern most printed material and my
key-strokes are not always as precise as they used to be.

I need to replace my GSM phone with one that will work for a vacation
in Ireland. I would REALLY like to find one that is about twice the
size (or more) of the present "peanut" phones to get a larger screen
and larger (better spaced) keys. So far, I haven't found anything.

I actually liked the size of the ones about 3 "generations" ago, that
is slightly larger than a pack of 100s cigarettes. They were easy to
hold on to, the keys were relatively large and had ample space between
and I could read the display without my glasses. Is anything like
that available in the GSM world today?

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Vietnam Frees Cyber 'Spy' From Jail"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Need Help With a Telephone Mystery"
May be reply: Chris Farrar: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
May be reply: Ken Abrams: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page