TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: In With the New E-Mail, Out With the Old

Re: In With the New E-Mail, Out With the Old

tanstafl (me@mine.xxz.easynews.com)
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:04:28 GMT

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:27:04 -0600, Sam Diaz
<Washpost@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> By Sam Diaz
> Washington Post Staff Writer

> It's only been a week since the calendar turned the corner into 2006,
> and I'm slowly making progress on one of my New Year's resolutions:
> organizing my digital life.

snip

> FORWARD THOSE E-MAILS. I realize that the last thing you need is
> another e-mail account, but I have started putting that GMail account
> to good use.

> Every e-mail that comes into my inbox, or filtered subfolders, is
> automatically forwarded to my GMail account, which has a mailbox
> capacity of two gigabytes and keeps growing as you continue to feed
> it.

snip

> Copyright 2006 The Washington Post Company

Hmmm ... sounds like you've discovered the perfect free lunch Sam.
You might want to familiarize yourself with a fellow writer -- Robert
Heinlein. TANSTAAFL (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress).

Be aware that your gigs of Gmail is subject to general purpose data
mining and/or any other use they deem lucrative upon a simple
unilateral change in their terms of service. By using the service,
you've already agreed to be bound by any changes they make.

Caveat to any wannabe 'Deep Throats' -- search out Bernstein or
Woodard if you have any juicy tidbits and want confidentiality -- they
at least have a track record. I fear Sam is clueless when it comes to
guarding sensitive information. Grok it Sam? (Stranger in a Strange
Land).

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: History of Hayes Modem"
Go to Previous message: Koos van den Hout: "Re: Era of the BBS"
May be in reply to: Sam Diaz: "In With the New E-Mail, Out With the Old"