TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Infone to Shut Down

Re: Infone to Shut Down

J Kelly (jkelly@newsguy.com)
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:37:30 -0600

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:17:28 -0700, DevilsPGD <spamsucks@crazyhat.net>
wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The best directory information service
> I know of is the one the Digest sponsors. And it is the least
> expensive also:

> Directory Assistance just 65 cents for one or two inquiries, charged
> to your credit card. It is _real time_ from a telco-associated service
> bureau. The way it works is that at
> http://www.easy411.com/telecomdigest you register a few phone numbers
> you will most always use to get your directory assistance. Then you
> are assigned an 800 number to use. When you call that 800 number the
> ANI is captured; the 65 cent charge is placed on your credit card
> (usually, several accumulated calls, around a month's worth are
> charged at one time) and you are patched through to an operator at the
> telco service bureau to get the desired information. 65 cents is a
> very good rate! Try it for a few calls and see if you like it. There
> are no deposits required, nor any minimum number of calls required. If
> you like it, the program your phone system to take all calls dialed to
> '411' or '555-1212' and translate them into the 800 number you are
> assigned to use. If you don't like it, then quit using it.
> PAT]

Thanks for the tip, Pat! I now remember you mentioning this before,
but I liked Infone so didn't pay much attention. I never use 411 from
home, thats what Google is for, but when on the road I occasionally
have a need for it.

Go to Next message: Gordon S. Hlavenka: "Re: Infone to Shut Down"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Moving to VOIP But Keeping Same Phone Number"
May be in reply to: J Kelly: "Infone to Shut Down"