TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Disaster Recovery in 1871

Re: Disaster Recovery in 1871

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 01:55:39 GMT

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:11:19 -0400, Norm wrote:

> Now that was the story as told by Laura Fermi, eighteen years after it
> happened, and twenty-five years (my first relaying of it) after I
> heard it and now forty years (my second relaying of it.) Is it a true
> story or not? Or was Mrs. Fermi a wee bit forgetful that night? Or
> did I have too many shots of brandy or some other after-dinner liquor
> in me? PAT]

Well, I sent the original article to friends who were stationed near
Alamogordo several years ago, and they found the house.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I seem to remember you writing here to
tell me about them finding the house which had formerly belonged to
the switchboard operator. I do not remember if your report said the
house was still telco property and in use (for something else, obviously)
or not. PAT

Go to Next message: John McHarry: "Re: United States Says No! Internet is Ours!"
Go to Previous message: Henry Cabot Henhouse III: "Re: Vonage and the 500 Minute Plan"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Disaster Recovery in 1871"