TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Back to the Future in 845-268 Land

Re: Back to the Future in 845-268 Land

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:06:46 GMT

Steve Stone wrote:

> I placed a call from my cellphone to my Mom in Congers, Rockland
> County, NY. I got a busy signal, not unusual because she is always on
> the phone. What was unusual was the busy signal sounded like what I
> remembered hearing as a kid in the 1960's from my mom's house when
> they used mechanical switching rather than ESS.

> I tried it a few more times and at one point even came up with a
> 1960's style ring tone with no answer. Is it possible the old gear is
> still in the little brick telco building by Rockland Lake and taking
> overload calls ?

> 845-268-xxxx.

> A definite blast from the past.

> Steve

Anything is possible, but not likely. It would really have to be a
small company.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Last Laugh! How Many Members of Bush Administration"
Go to Previous message: Paul Vader: "Re: How a Telephone Works"
May be in reply to: Steve Stone: "Back to the Future in 845-268 Land"