TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Don't Forget Peter Jennings'... Flaw

Re: Don't Forget Peter Jennings'... Flaw

Garrett Wollman (wollman@khavrinen.csail.mit.edu)
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:29:22 +0000 (UTC)

TELECOM Digest Editor noted n response to Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com>:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This Digest does not exist to serve as
> a mouthpiece for CDT or for that matter, _any of Usenet_.

I'd be happy to issue a rmgroup for you if that's really how you feel.
Frankly, there's been so little of any interest (or indeed relevance
to telecom) in this newsgroup in so long, I really wouldn't miss it.

> Usenet is so nineteen-sixtyish it is not funny.

BZZZZZT! Wrong, but thanks for playing. Usenet was invented in
1979.

[Second Amendment screed deleted as irrelevant.]

Garrett A. Wollman | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman@csail.mit.edu | generation can invoke its principles in their own
Opinions not those | search for greater freedom.
of MIT or CSAIL. | - A. Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: 1979? Really? I thought Al Gore
invented it in 1994 when he invented the web. I find it interesting
that you only challenged the year (1979 versus 1960-ish) and not my
main point about many of the people who hang out a lot on Usenet.
Please accept my correction -- my typographical error -- go back and
read my thoughts again, using 1979-ish instead of 1960-ish won't you
please? See if you can pick me apart again doing it that way. Thank
you! PAT]

Go to Next message: William Warren: "Re: Don't Forget Peter Jennings'... Flaw"
Go to Previous message: Jason Vance: "800 Number - Prepaid - Walmart"
May be in reply to: alan@bloomfieldpress.com: "Don't Forget Peter Jennings'... Flaw"