TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?

Rich Greenberg (richgr@panix.com)
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 22:59:32 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom24.353.9@telecom-digest.org>, <davidesan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And don't you just hate it when the voicemail system asks for your
> account code so they "can better process your call" and the very first
> thing that the human operator asks for is your account number?

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, in the case of human

[...]

> or two with an answer? Even for automated systems, the several
> seconds required for voicemail to give its spiel is time the system
> can be spinning its disk drives and looking up your account if it
> knows your name and identity. PAT]

Pat, you are correct, but it still doesn't answer the original
question, why does the human operator STILL have to ask for your
account number?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe because the type of computer
system the company uses (or the voicemail, etc) does not present the
account number. Or maybe the first step (where you punch it in on the
phone as part of voicemail merely validates that you do have an
account but it does not get passed 'through the system' to the next
person you deal with? PAT]

Go to Next message: The Kaminsky Family: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
Go to Previous message: I am a Sock Puppet: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"