TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX

Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:43:55 -0400

yuniarsetiawan@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi there,

> I'm trying to connect two computer using PABX. So the PABX will be act
> like a hub. This is the diagram:

> [Computer 1] -> [Modem] -> [PABX] <- [Modem] <- [Computer 2]

> Both computer using Windows 2000 and both has sucessfully connected to
> the PABX after doing dial up. But why can't I ping between those
> computer?

> Both computer has been connected to the pabx, but they just can't
> ping/communicate each other. Is there anything wrong here? It is
> possible to do this, right?

> Thank you so much for the response.

Not clear exactly how you are doing this. I assume one computer is
dialing the other thru the PBX? And you are using RAS? How are IP
addresses being assigned?

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX"
May be in reply to: yuniarsetiawan@gmail.com: "Ping Between PC Through PABX"