TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
20 Jun 2005 20:26:02 -0000

> By daisy chaining your power strips, you are causing the first ones
> in the chain to be overloaded and possibility the circuit it's
> plugged into. And it is a fire waiting to happen.

Really? Wall warts are pretty low power. The big one for my laptop
is 150W, the little ones for the phone TA and the ethernet switch are
more like 20W. Plug in 10 of them and you're unlikely to draw more
than 500W. Every power strip I've seen is fused for at least 1000W.
Where's the overload?

Go to Next message: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"