TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX

Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:55:16 -0400

yuniarsetiawan@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi there,

> I'm trying to connect two computer using PABX. So the PABX will be act
> like a hub. This is the diagram:

> [Computer 1] -> [Modem] -> [PABX] <- [Modem] <- [Computer 2]

> Both computer using Windows 2000 and both has sucessfully connected to
> the PABX after doing dial up. But why can't I ping between those
> computer?

> Both computer has been connected to the pabx, but they just can't
> ping/communicate each other. Is there anything wrong here? It is
> possible to do this, right?

> Thank you so much for the response.

One of them has to run PPP server software, i.e. it has to act like
the terminal server that an ISP has connected to its dialup modems.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: ellis@no.spam: "Re: Pod Slurping Dangerous to Your Company"
Go to Previous message: Gerard Bok: "Re: '80' Country Code"
May be in reply to: yuniarsetiawan@gmail.com: "Ping Between PC Through PABX"