TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Mac iBook and Bluetooth Cordless Headphones?

Mac iBook and Bluetooth Cordless Headphones?

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:19:57 -0700

Is it possible to listen to the audio output from a Bluetooth-equipped
Mac using a Bluetooth cordless headphone?

[iBook G4 with a D-Link Bluetooth adapter in one of the USB ports,
listening to audio streamed from the XM Satellite Radio site with
Netscape 7 working together with (I think) Windows MultiMedia.]

Will this interfere with simultaneous use of Apple-brand Bluetooth
cordless keyboard and mouse?

What System Prefs and other setting will I have to fiddle with to get
this to work?

Is there an audio or Bluetooth group that would be a better place to
ask about this?

[I'm frankly intimidated, or impressed, by all the technologies that
will have to work together to make this work: Bluetooth, USB,
Netscape, Windows MultiMedia, and Mac audio output -- not to mention
Airport, Ethernet, a Cayman router, and a DSL link to get from the Mac
to the Internet -- so I'm asking for a little reassurance before I
start on this.]

Go to Next message: Rick M: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
Go to Previous message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Cellphone Curiosity"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Mac iBook and Bluetooth Cordless Headphones?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page