TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:15:48 -0400

In article <telecom24.260.10@telecom-digest.org>, promfhTAKE@OUThal-
pc.org.invalid says:

> Monty Solomon wrote:

>> Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to
>> Verizon Wireless Phones When New Messages Arrive

>> Home and Business Customers in N.Y.C. and New England Can
>> Receive TXT Alerts on Their Verizon Wireless Phones

>> NEW YORK, June 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon home and
>> business voice mailboxes now can alert customers on their
>> Verizon Wireless phone that someone has left a message.

>> Starting today, Verizon voice-messaging customers in New
>> York City and New England can add a feature that sends a
>> text message to any Verizon Wireless short text messaging-
>> capable phone with an alert that a new voice message has
>> been left on the customer's landline phone.

>> http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=49739949

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What is supposed to make
>> that so exceptional? Cingular Wireless has always had an
>> icon on the display screen indicating voice message
>> waiting, and I have always had my phone set to make three
>> chirps when that icon is turned on. PAT]

> The "New" feature is having the voicemail on your home phone send a
> message to your cellphone saying a message has been left. Most
> voicemail systems have had this feature for years. You could have it
> call your cellphone or a pager. The SMS message is sort of a new
> wrinkle on an existing service.

But in most cases the outcalling feature is turned off because it is a
huge security hole.

Go to Next message: David Wolff: "Re: Bennett LeBow?"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Can Verizon Phone be Used With Bell Mobility in Canada?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"