TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Do Cell Phones Still Offer "A" and "B" Carriers?

Re: Do Cell Phones Still Offer "A" and "B" Carriers?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
13 May 2005 22:55:38 -0000

> Do today's cell phones have any option to do that?

None that I've seen. Typically the A carrier is TDMA or GSM, and the
B carrier is CDMA, so if you forced the phone to the other one it'd
have to fall back to analog and cellco's don't like that.

Ten years ago when I had an analog car phone I would force it to
switch all the time when I was on trips because I knew that the
non-default carrier had a better roaming deal.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Re: Do Cell Phones Still Offer "A" and "B" Carriers?"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Setting up an Automated RSS Feed"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Do Cell Phones Still Offer "A" and "B" Carriers?"