TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!

Re: Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:42:53 -0700

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> Hello, everyone,

> A worm came through my PC. If you get any attachments that appear to
> be from me, don't open them. From my research, it appears to be a
> work called Netsky. I haven't found a way to get it off yet, but I'm
> working on it.

http://www.grisoft.com/ wonderful, wonderful AV package for windows

http://www.clamav.net/ ditto, but for Linux and other POSIX-ish OS's
(There is a port for Windows, too, though)

And don't forget to update your virus defs every day ...

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have all the computers on my network
using Grisoft AVG 7.0 all the time. And they all go to look for
updates between 5-7 AM, then proceed to use those new definition files
to examine each computer. Its the only way to run things these days. PAT]

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "States Scramble To Protect Data / Dozens of Privacy Bills"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Prison Cell Phone Scandal"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!"