TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!

Re: Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!

William Warren (william_warren_nonoise@comcast.net)
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:30:57 -0400

Steve Sobol wrote:

> Fred Atkinson wrote:

>> Hello, everyone,

>> A worm came through my PC. If you get any attachments that appear to
>> be from me, don't open them. From my research, it appears to be a
>> work called Netsky. I haven't found a way to get it off yet, but I'm
>> working on it.

> http://www.grisoft.com/ wonderful, wonderful AV package for windows

FWIW, the free version of AVG Anti-Virus is really hard to find on the
GRISOFT site: they're pushing a "Professional" version for
$33. However, the free version can be downloaded from a variety of
Internet sites, and still works fine.

William

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Comcast Digital Voice - Boston and Hartford"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: Study: Consumers Oppose Cell Phones in Flight"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Warning! A Virus Attacked my System!"