TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Re: Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System

Dave Close (dave@compata.com)
2 Apr 2005 21:29:41 -0800

Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net> writes:

> The article and discussion here both miss what I consider a more
> important issue with the EZ-pass system:

And another issue, maybe not so important, but serious for some:
portability. If you travel on business and rent a car, you are usually
stuck using the cash lanes on local toll roads. Even if you have a
working transponder at home which is compatible with the local system,
you aren't supposed to try using it. The transponder is only valid for
use in a registered vehicle, which your rental car isn't.

Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "Politics is the business of getting
dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359 power and privilege without
dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu possessing merit." - P. J. O'Rourke

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Obituary: Schiavo Dies After Feeding Tube Removed"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Every Ten Days"
May be in reply to: Wesrock@aol.com: "Some Concerned About Privacy Implications of E-ZPass System"