TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?

Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
21 Mar 2005 01:20:37 -0000

> Does anyone have any news about this? There was talk that Bell might
> only offer naked DSL to users who bought the (not yet released?) Bell
> VoIP service.

> Also, Vonage told me that I can't keep my local Bell number. Anyone
> know if the new Bell VoIP service will let me keep my local Bell
> number?

Since you're in Canada, I don't think you have landline portability at
all. Bell will probably let you keep your number since you'd just be
moving it from a POTS line to VoIP on the same pair of wires, so it'd
end up being switched in the same switch.

Having just managed to cancel my Vonage "service" this evening after
trying for more than a month, I'd stay away from them. Now I'm using
Primus Lingo which seems OK.

Regards,

John Levine johnl@iecc.com Primary Perpetrator of The Internet for Dummies,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?"
Go to Previous message: LB@notmine.com: "Re: Cell Phone "Caller ID" Needed"
May be in reply to: Thumper: "VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?"