TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone "Caller ID" Needed

Re: Cell Phone "Caller ID" Needed

LB@notmine.com
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:16:20 -0500

Ray Burns wrote:

> Dear Patrick Townson,

> Pat,

> I am writing software that communicates from one network-connected
> computer to another controlled by a cell phone (XHTML-M). The user
> logs in with just a password. Passwords are not guaranteed to be
> unique, so I need some sort of phone serial number or other similar
> number to append to the password to make it unique. Do you know of
> such a phone id number/string that I could access via HTTP/HTTPS?

> Thanks,

> Ray Burns Nantasket Software, Inc
> 617.964.4084(w) ray@igsw.com
> 617.966-7439(c) 970 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton Center MA 02459
> 617.965-5081(f)

If such a thing is possible, and with all due respect to the OP I would
suggest two two things:

1. Be damn sure you know who this person is.
2 Do NOT post in a newsgroup!

LB

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
May be in reply to: Ray Burns: "Cell Phone "Caller ID" Needed"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page