TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is Your Identity Safe?

Re: Is Your Identity Safe?

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
4 Mar 2005 10:14:28 -0500

Dan Lanciani <ddl@danlan.com> wrote:

> I think you've missed the point. In spite of what the banks may tell
> you, there is no reason for the information required by an entity to
> verify your identity to also be sufficient for that entity to
> impersonate you. The attitude of, 'we need to know all about you so
> we can be sure who you are' (and consumers' acceptance of that
> attitude) is exactly the problem.

Then how can it be complete to verify your identity?

The information that verifies that you are who you are is exactly the
same information that verifies that someone else is who you are.

--scott

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: FCC Reaches Telco Settlement to Stop Blocking VOIP"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Voom Goes Boom"
May be in reply to: Dan Lanciani: "Is Your Identity Safe?"