TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Do Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile

Re: Do Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:26:23 -0800

In article <telecom24.49.16@telecom-digest.org>, <fake@fake.com> wrote:

> Heating is not the only mechanism that can cause harm:

NO ONE ever said it was. What *I* said was that heating is the only
mechanism of harm that is *relevant* to a discussion of cellphones.

> At one time, X-Rays were considered safe for all, including pregnant
> women. And back then, they exposed you to a higher amount of
> radiation.

Fine. Now explain exactly what relevance that has to the discussion of
CELLULAR TELEPHONES.

The answer is, NONE WHATSOEVER.

> Many people get a type of radiation burn that is so common we refer
> to it as "sunburn". I don't think this is caused by heating (but
> does require a lot more EM energy than cellphones produce.)

Again, absolutely ZERO relevance to cellular telephones.

Let me reiterate what I said before, in a valiant effort to kill this
stupid and pointless never-ending thread:

The ONLY thing ANYONE has said about the possible dangers of cellular
telephones is that we might someday discover a whole new realm of
science heretofore unimagined that reveals a hidden danger of using a
cellular telephone. However, the same statement can be made about
ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING ON EARTH.

If you can't refute that specific statement, then please, for the love
of this newsgroup, SHUT UP already about the "dangers" of cellphones!

You may as well worry that the white markings on the roadway are going
to come to life and leap up and strangle you in your car; it's an
equally productive use of your time.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com> * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
Go to Previous message: Daniel W. Johnson: "Re: Do Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page