TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?

Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:17:01 -0500

In article <telecom24.34.12@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
says:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Another approach is to ask me for a
>> Vonage e-coupon. I send you this in email, then you use the link shown
>> there to set the entire thing up over the computer. By clicking on
>> the link in the email coupon, it walks you though the ordering and set
>> up procedure, assigns your Vonage number *AND* arranges to get the
>> Vonage TA box sent out to you. They give those rather high priority,
>> so you should recieve the TA in three or four days by Fed Express or
>> UPS. You use your credit card to pay for the TA box and the first
>> month of service then my coupon kicks in and whatever kind of service
>> plan you choose (and pay for) you get the *second month* for free. I
>> have been a Vonage customer now for almost two years; I think from
>> start to finish in the ordering/installing process took me a week in
>> total, from getting the e-coupon, clicking on the link, getting the
>> service set up and starting to use it. If you want an e-coupon, rather
>> than dealing with the stores (and often-times know-nothing clerks,
>> etc) write to me: ptownson@massis.csail.mit.edu and request it. PAT]

> The point, though, what's up with the Best Buy tie in?

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Best Buy does have a relationship with
> Vonage, but both Vonage and Best Buy have idiots working for them who
> don't always understand the importance of good customer and public
> relations. PAT]

Well, maybe the bean counters are idiots but the tech folks I've talked
to at Vonage knew their stuff.

The problem is there are too few of them. Vonage has had what I consider
to be explosive growth. Whether they resolve this or not could determine
whether they continue to exist as an entity.

But for $24.99 a month I don't expect service to be two rings and I
get a live person. I also consider the fact that it takes > 1/2 hour
to talk to a human being excessive. But I can't complain all that much
when I'm getting a raft of services for $24.99 a month.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Telephone Museum in Eugene, Oregon"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: NewSci: Net Noise Threat to Emergency Radio"
May be in reply to: timeOday: "Vonage at Bestbuy?"