TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?

Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?

Michael D. Sullivan (userid@camsul.example.invalid)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:18:24 GMT

> Go to the computer networking section of Best Buy, where they sell
> routers and wireless cards, and you will find it.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But counselor, TimeODay did ask a *clerk
> in the store* about it, and he did check the *web site of Best Buy*;
> the clerk got ignorant with him; the web site was obscure about it at
> best; now he should make another trip back to the store and hope to
> God to find someone who will point him in the right direction and have
> idea of what the product is about and what it does? ... with the
> 'magic' of email, had I sent him an e-coupon and had he redeemed it,
> Vonage would already be processing his order. Assuming he first made
> his ill-fated trip to Best Buy a few days ago, chances are likely by
> now with an e-coupon redemption he would be setting up his TA and
> making a test call on it. PAT]

The point I was trying to make is that BB is marketing VoIP in its
computer networking department but *not* in its phone department.
Apparently the phone salesdroids haven't even been told about it; no
signs or anything. The same is true on Best Buy's website. Go to
Telephones > Local and Long-Distance, and you get BB's reseller partner;
there's no mention of VoIP. If you go to Computers > Networking, there
is finally a tab to click for "Internet Phone Devices"-- which offers
five VoIP hardware bundles, one from AT&T and four from Linksys (1
802.11G wireless router for AT&T, 1 802.11G wireless router for Vonage,
1 Phone Adapter for Vonage, and 1 VoIP Broadband Router for Vonage). I
cannot imagine why no connection is made between these items and BB's
phone service page. What idiots!

I have no idea whether BB's prices for these combos are any good. In
all likelihood, one will do better by taking advantage of Pat's e-
coupon.

Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD, USA
Replace "example.invalid" with ".com".

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
May be in reply to: timeOday: "Vonage at Bestbuy?"