TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:28:53 -0500

In article <telecom24.21.8@telecom-digest.org>, rob51166@yahoo.com
says:

>> Not really 47K individuals, the whole thing was very organized by
>> Christian organizations.

>> One of which claimed that the show contained a total of 8000
>> obscenties. They obtained this number by multiplying the number of
>> words by the number of people in the Chorus!

>> January Sales 2005 - Offers & Coupons -
>> <http://www.ThisBritain.com/January-Sales-2005/>
>> Locate your Mobile phone: <http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html>

> I knew about the Christian organizations etc ..., but I wasn't aware
> of how they calculated the number of obscenities in the performance.
> I apologise if I made any misleading comments.

Ever see those little clicker-counters? Push the button and it
increments the count by one. Even a moron could sit there and count
the various expletives.

Funny that I call them expletives yet others call them obscenities. I
don't find the words to be all that obscene.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It seems funny to me how words/phrases
can change in their meanings over the years. For example, consider the
word, 'mother'. Years ago, 'mother' referred to a very nice older
person, typically with high morals. a gentle person who cared for her
children, etc. Now, if I were to use the phrase '... your mother ...'
or ' ... ask your mother ... ' as often as not an obscene expession
comes to mind. Think of all the little kids who go around saying
'your mama! (etc)' PAT]

Go to Next message: Charles: "Vonage Customer Cares DOESN'T really care"
Go to Previous message: David Quinton: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be in reply to: Rob: "Jerry Springer - The Opera"