TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera

David Quinton (usenet_2004D_email@REMOVETHISBITbizorg.co.uk)
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:50:35 +0000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:37:49 -0600, John Hines <jbhines@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> Supposedly so was the complaints about the infamous breast baring at
> the last Superbowl. Some organization put it on their web site, with a
> click to complain campaign. Less than a dozen complaints from viewers
> that actually saw it, and wrote in, were received.

> The power of the net at work, and the lack of investigation by news
> outlets into the story before they report the sensational headlines.

I love the jargon used at the time: "Wardrobe malfunction"!

On 16 Jan 2005 04:54:39 -0800, Rob <rob51166@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I knew about the Christian organizations etc ..., but I wasn't aware
> of how they calculated the number of obscenities in the performance.
> I apologise if I made any misleading comments.

There's a nice, humourous comment on it from one of our more left-wing
newspapers' most entertaining TV critics here:
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/columnists/story/0,,1390622,00.html>

January Sales 2005 - Offers & Coupons - <http://www.ThisBritain.com/January-Sales-2005/>
Locate your Mobile phone: <http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html>

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
Go to Previous message: DG: "Re: Drivers Try an Anti-Photo Finish"
May be in reply to: Rob: "Jerry Springer - The Opera"